Check out our top five PR tips to get a better bang for your buck at shows & events
With a month to go until the Baby & Toddler Show in Manchester at Event City, exhibitors will be gearing up to draw people onto their stands and making those all-important sales. But in the valuable weeks leading up to the event, how can you ensure that you’re capitalising on the money spent at the event – time for some PR, perhaps?
There are some basic steps you can put in place to ensure you are making the most of a captive audience and ensure your brand stands out and works as hard as it can to get yourself noticed – in the run up, during and after the show. We’ve put together five top tips to crank up your event PR and ensure you’re not losing out on any PR and marketing opportunities:-
For starters, think about:
1. Get featured on the show website: Guest blogs, competitions, twitter feed all feature in the pre-event momentum. Make sure you have investigated all options for presenting your brand and taken every opportunity to tell people about your plans for the show, featured products etc.
2. Get your event ‘press pack’ ready: There will be a number of media attending who will be writing event round ups for their publication or blog. They will head straight to the press office to get the latest information on the brands exhibiting. Make sure you have a press pack to persuade journalists to visit you – from your latest products, offers and new lines you’re launching. Ideally, you will have a news release, photography, information on spokespeople attending the event and any product samples available for review.
3. Associate your brand with event trends: Influencer coverage of trade shows will trickle out at least a week after the event. Follow up with those press contacts that you met and deliver any product samples promised, particularly as the value of press coverage you get after the show may exceed the cost of the show itself. Also, by establishing a relationship with key journalists, they are more likely to come to you to get your views on industry topics in the future.
4. Use the event to feed your content marketing and social media: Consider writing and placing a by-line article about the event, or turning any presentation from a speaking slot, into a blog post series to garner further coverage and brand awareness – on your website or social channels. Promote this using the event’s Twitter hashtag or link to the Facebook page to connect with other attendees and get those valuable shares to build and your community before and during the show.
5. Finding opportunities to promote your expertise: Consider running a survey on your stand and give away a suitable prize to encourage participants. You can then analyse those responses and craft an additional content to launch the findings – this can be posted on your website and sent to anyone who registers. However, there’s a host of PR opportunities – a press release for media, or create a Lookbook or guide for further lead generation.
Of course, all these ideas can be extended over the Baby & Toddler show duration – start planning now and then look at ways to extend momentum after the show. Too busy getting your stock and stand ready for the show to consider these extra additions or want to chat through other ideas? With many years of experience both supporting brands exhibiting at events and running PR campaigns, we can support startups through to established brands wanting a bigger bang for their buck at shows. We’ll also be at the show looking for those standout brands, so get in touch to arrange a time for us to visit you before or at the show.
Contact us at Firework Towers on 07974 161127 or tweet us on @fireworkpr – look forward to hearing from you.